- Donors and recipients first SIGN UP - it's free (see why) and you provide your location (see why).
Our charity only uses this database in-house for in-kind matching. It's not sold or shared. Our name is Matter of Trust for good reason. :)
- You click on the activation link in your email and LOG IN.
- You click on the DEPARTMENT that best fits your gift or wish.
- You click on top menu MY GIFTS / MY WISHES in each department.
- You can ADD / VIEW / EDIT / POST PHOTO / DELETE / DUPLICATE as many GIFTS and / or WISHES as you want. The more detail the better the matching. Use Duplicate and edit for faster posting of many items.
- When posting your gift/wish, you can check any Important Info boxes that apply (pick up only, drop off only, need insured movers, will deliver for small fee...).
- You can also post offers and wishes for services (either for free or for a small fee) using the MOVERS, REPAIR, VOLUNTEERS & FUNDING DEPARTMENT.
- We automatically and continually link gifts to wishes as they both come in, using location and sub-categories for matching.
- You can also BROWSE existing gifts and wishes from the top menu bar in every department. When you see the perfect gift or wish, simply click on REQUEST but PLEASE NOTE LOCATION.
- We email you POTENTIAL MATCH alerts and they also show up as ACTION ITEMS on your DASHBOARDS. Go to Departments on the menu bar and click on "Main EA." Click flags in department buttons, which represent new action items.
- Click on ID#s to VIEW DETAILS, REQUEST MATCHES, IGNORE MATCH, or SAVE for later.
- Once a match is REQUESTED, we send out automatic email alerts that explain if you're first or on a waiting list. PLEASE NOTE ALL MATCHES ARE ON A FIRST COME FIRST SERVED BASIS.
- It is up to DONORS to either COMPLETE or CANCEL matches. DONORS contact recipients first to arrange a convenient pick up / drop off. (see How to have safe, great transfers).
- Donors and recipients can, GUILT FREE, at any time a match is stuck, CANCEL FOR REMATCH FROM WAITING LIST or CANCEL AND DELETE (if gift is no longer available, or if your wish is no longer necessary). See notes below regarding waiting list and IRS. The goal is FLOW. There will always be more gifts and wishes!
- Donors and recipients should both click on VERIFIED on your automatically generated TAX RECEIPTS on DASHBOARD menu. A verified status receipt means both donor and recipient have confirmed successful match completion.
- You (recipients and donors) can COMPLETE / VERIFY / PRINT / EDIT / CANCEL MATCH AND VOID your RECEIPTS at any time.
PLEASE NOTE: If a donor cancels an initial auto-match AND passes over nonprofits (marked with "N" in front of gift ID#) on the waiting list in order to pick a business ("B") or individual ("I")recipient, the match cannot be VERIFIED and the tax receipt will reflect that this gift could be considered as "earmarked" by the IRS and a tax deduction may not apply. That said, reuse and recycling is great and healthy for the environment. We thank you for your donations and thoughtfulness!
PLEASE NOTE: Donors are solely responsible for any amounts they input on tax returns. Consult your accountant regarding in-kind giving and depreciated amounts.
PLEASE NOTE: Lawyers think of everything. The Terms and Conditions box you checked during SIGN UP states that any and all interactions of participants (individuals and organizations) on Excess Access are solely between participants. Excess Access and Matter of Trust shall not be responsible or liable for any loss or damage of any sort incurred as the result of any such dealings.
Thanks! Check out how you can help Support Excess Access and other MatterOfTrust.org programs, shop at our online eco-gift store, and become a sponsor to promote your green business via footers on our potential match emails.